Job Vacancy: Principal Lecturer, Tourism Management
24th January 2019
The University of Cumbria are looking for a Principal Lecturer who has academic experience, and proven research to lead the academic team charged with developing and delivering their new MSc in Sustainable Tourism. Closing date for applications: 17 February 2019. Visit the Cumbria jobs website for details and how to apply www.cumbriajobs.engageat.co.uk/
The University of Cumbria are seeking an experienced academic to join the team and shape their growth plans. This full time role will be based in at their iconic Ambleside Campus in the heart of the Lake District. The person appointed will be expected:
- To lead others in the design and development, staffing, delivery and quality assurance of a range of programmes of study (sometimes entirely new course) at various levels.
- To ensure the implementation of teaching and learning, widening participation and other strategies in order to ensure the provision of high quality learning and opportunities and the best possible student experience.
- To develop external links e.g. to foster collaboration and in pursuit of academic research and enterprise activity.
- To actively engage in and encourage others to engage in the tourism disciplines, to engage with professional and pedagogical research and scholarship as required to support teaching activities and to extend, transform and apply knowledge acquired from scholarship to teaching and research.
- To effectively balance priorities relating to line management and to programme leadership and management.
For full details and to apply visit the Cumbria Jobs website