Rebecca Pow keeps Tourism Brief
1st August 2019
Rebecca Pow MP, keeps her role (appointed in May19) as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism after supporting Johnson's leadership campaign.
Her responsibilities include the arts, museums, digital culture, tourism, heritage, cultural property and public libraries.
Commenting on her re-appointment, Ms Pow said:
"I am absolutely delighted that the Prime Minister has re-appointed me as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for arts, heritage and tourism.
"The heritage and cultural sector is hugely important for the UK both domestically, but also on the world stage and there is much opportunity to develop these sectors.
"The Government’s tourism sector deal focuses on developing skills, training and increasing business in the tourism sphere.
"All of these areas are important in the Brexit landscape.”
The responsibilities of the DCMS Ministers:
Nigel Adams MP
Minister of State for Sport, Media and Creative Industries
- Sport and the Commonwealth Games
- Oversight of departmental plans on Brexit
- Overall international strategy including approach to future trade deals
- Lead Secondary Legislation Minister (including EU Exit SIs)
- Media and Creative Industries
- Data and the National Archives
- Cyber Security
Rebecca Pow MP
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism
- Museums and Cultural Property
- Gambling and lotteries
- Cultural diplomacy
- Overall approach to culture and place, including focus on enriching lives
- Public appointments
Matt Warman MP
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Digital and Broadband
- Online Harms and Security
- Digital Infrastructure, including Full Fibre rollout and BDUK
- Digital Skills
- Digital and Tech Policy
Baroness Barran MBE
Parliamentary Under Secretary for Civil Society and DCMS Lords Minister
- Civil Society
- Youth and Social Action
- Government Inclusive Economy Unit
- All DCMS business in the House of Lords