Latest Update on Government COVID Restrictions
22nd September 2020
Boris Johnson has set out a raft of new coronavirus restrictions for England which could last for up to six months.
The following rules apply from Thursday in England:
- The planned reopening of conferences, exhibitions and events on 1st Oct has been suspended
- Pubs, restaurants and bars will have to close at 10pm (except for takeaways)
- Only “table-only” service will be allowed at pubs, restaurants and bars
- Staff in retail and indoor hospitality will have to wear masks
- The Covid-secure workplace guidance will become a legal obligation.
- The number of people able to attend a wedding is being reduced to 15 from the previous 30
- The £10,000 fines imposed on those who don't quarantine will now be applied to businesses and the penalty for failing to wear a mask or breaking rule of six will double to £200.
- Exemptions to the “rule of six” will be reduced.
- People have been asked to work from home if they can.