Tourism Recovery Plan
19th December 2020
As an outcome of this week’s Tourism Industry Council meeting to discuss DCMS’s development of a Tourism Recovery Plan, DCMS has asked for:
- Evidence outlining the impact of the VAT cut (see the survey previously posted)
- How consumer demand is changing as a result of COVID-19 (and therefore what changes are needed because of this)
DCMS outlined how this plan will structure under two main sections and six key themes. These being:
Short to medium term:
- Reopening safely
- Supporting business
- Stimulating demand
Medium to long term:
- Developing local visitor economies / levelling-up
- Supporting the events industry
- Transforming the sector to be more resilient, sustainable, innovative and accessible
They have asked the following questions related to these sections and themes:
- Are these the right things to be looking at?
- Aside from focusing on scaling back restrictions in the right way, is any further intervention needed to help businesses reopen safely?
- What do businesses most need support with between now and 31st March?
- What are the most important measures to have in place to support the sector after the 31st March, and why?
- Should the Government focus more on protecting supply or stimulating demand?
Please send all responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th January.