Benefits of Joining
Joining TMI means you are joining a network of destination management professionals and gaining access to a wide range of experience and expertise in the sector. Our members work across a variety of destination management related organisations and teams, from being the single tourism destination person in a local authority to heading up a large destination organisation, a sole trader consultant to tourism destination management programme leader in a university or college, and from tourism specialist in a wider regeneration, city marketing or business improvement district team, to working in a national tourism organisation.
Our members value: "Being connected to a network of professional people I like, respect and can learn from", "Events and speakers are great and so is the networking", "..being part of a network through electronic and face to face communications", "feeling of belonging, of being part of something".
“As someone starting a new role in Destination Management, TMI membership has been an invaluable way to bring me to speed with the latest trends, developments and innovations in tourism, make connections with likeminded and experienced tourism professionals, access useful resources and research, and attend a range of interesting and relevant events.” Jonathan Gilroy MTMI, Newcastle Gateshead Initiative
More specifically, we offer the following benefits:
- A network of destination management professionals and access to a wide range of experience and expertise in the sector.
- Professional credibility with the use of FTMI, MTMI or ATMI letters (Fellows, Members, Associates).
- Regular communications and updates on all things destination management via the TM Eye e-newsletter, e-mails and our LinkedIn Group.
- Opportunity to attend focussed, low cost events at a significantly discounted member rate. TMI currently holds two member conferences each year, a one-day single topic event each Spring and an annual convention in the Autumn. Our events are always highly rated by delegates for their content and the networking opportunities that they provide.
- E-mailed details of destination management job vacancies and the opportunity to advertise their vacancies to our members
- Access to informal advice and a growing bank of destination management expertise, knowledge and resources
- Opportunity to contribute to TMI responses to consultations from government and national tourist boards
- Access to the destination management suppliers directory
- Opportunity to get involved in local and regional events organisation and TMI working groups (Fellows, Members, Associates)
- Access to the industry’s primary lobbying body, the Tourism Alliance, through TMI’s membership and its seat on the Board
- Weekly zoom networking meetings with key speakers from tourism organisations accross the industry