TMI is the professional organisation for all involved in tourism destination management, from students at the start of their career through to senior destination managers at local, regional and national level. We believe that a postgraduate degree can be a valuable staging post in a destination professional’s career; an opportunity to further understanding of the underlying theories and principles and to research a particular area of interest in more depth .
That's why we offer students on TMI Recognised Masters Level courses the opportunity to compete for the Simon Curtis Postgraduate Prize. In addition to submitting the abstract from your Master level dissertation/research project, you will be asked a number of questions about your dissertation/research project, its contribution, potential application and the impact that researching and writing up has had or will have on your professional development.
The prize includes:
- One year's FREE Associate membership of TMI, the voice of destination management;
- The opportunity to engage in a one to one professional mentor meeting, with a senior TMI member and/or experienced destination practitioner;
- A complimentary delegate place at the TMI Annual Convention - to hear the latest developments in destination management and be able to network with leading professionals in the sector;
- If relevant, a small bursary will be available to cover reasonable UK trfavel costs to attend the event should it take place in a physical setting;
- Opportunity to write a blog piece about their placement/project experience for publication on the TMI website and associated platforms;
- A certificate recognising their CPD engagement with regards to destination management;
- Be the subject of a TMI Press Release to showcase their achievement and that of their University's recognised course.
The deadline for submissions is 30 June 2021. Entries should be submitted using this form and will be judged by the TMI Continuing Professional Development Group, with recommendations to the TMI Executive at its March meeting and the winner and his/her course leader contacted shortly thereafter.