The Tourism Company
15 The Southend
- Strategic Planning
The Tourism Company is one of the UK's leading specialist consultancies in tourism, leisure and recreation. We are a small, experienced team of professionals with offices in London and Herefordshire. We work throughout the UK and overseas. Our clients include government departments, statutory agencies, local authorities, voluntary organisations and major commercial companies. Our work includes:
- Visitor management and sustainable tourism.Drawing up plans and initiatives to ensure that tourism and recreation is developed in a sustainable way and respects the environment and the needs of the local community.
- Project development and feasibility studies.Reviewing proposals, assessing demand and preparing sound business plans for the development of hotels, visitor centres, museums and other leisure projects.
- Tourism strategies and destination planning.Devising robust and creative strategies for developing the tourism potential of urban areas, villages, resorts and countryside.
- Market research and intelligence.Providing detailed information on specific market segments and undertaking visitor surveys and research.
- Policy advice and guidance.Analysing complex situations and data and providing clear advice written in an authoritative and easily understood style.
- Tourism marketing.Writing marketing strategies and marketing plans. Advising on print preparation, interpretative material and marketing activity.
Further details on The Tourism Company are provided on our website, www.thetourismcompany.com.
- Coastal recreation strategy for Shepway
- Marketing Toolkit for Visit London
- Review of the London Ambassadors scheme
- North Wales Regional Tourism Strategy
- Mid Wales Regional Tourism Strategy
- Research into tourism budgets and the future of visitor information services in England
- TIC reviews in Bath, Oxford
- Tourism and casinos research
- An assessment of cruise ship provision in London
- Bath accommodation study
- A tourism vision for the National Forest
- Feasibility study for a Stonehenge and Avebury World Heritage website
- Evaluation of Regional Tourism Programme in Yorkshire
- Destination Management and Marketing in Wales
- Interpretation strategy for National Memorial Arboretum
- Research on the VFR market in Kent
- Economic impact assessment of the holiday park industry
- Sustainable tourism strategy for Cairngorms National Park
- Stage 2 Audience Development Plan for Brooke Park, Londonderry
- Brecon Beacons Tourism Strategy
- Wales Cycling Tourism Strategy