New Opportunities! TMI Are Recruiting for the Executive Committee
Opportunities have arisen for a new Head of Events and a new Head of Sustainability within the TMI Executive.
The Tourism Management Institute (TMI) is the professional organisation for anyone working in tourism destination management.
TMI supports destination management professionals throughout their career, from students to established senior practitioners. Our members are drawn from a wide variety of organisations: destination management organisations, local government, national tourist organisations, visitor attractions, consultancies and the higher education sector.
The role of a TMI Director
The role of executive Director is on an unpaid, voluntary basis but with the ability to claim reasonable expenses. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who have had senior level expertise in the tourism and visitor sector. Ideally, Directors will have worked in or with a Destination Management Organisation or be working within a Local Authority Tourism or Economic Development Unit, Business Improvement District or other ‘Place based’ organisation and will have a sound understanding of the national landscape and the structure of destination management within it. People with transferable skills will be considered and we recognise they can be a valuable asset to TMI. In addition to this generic role profile each Director has a specific profile for their area of responsibility.
Head of Events
The Head of Events, supported by the Events Coordinator, will:
- Lead organisation of the programme of annual national events
- Successfully oversee creation and delivery of events as a source of income generation
- Ensure that each event provides valuable professional development for members, and ensures that TMI remains at the leading edge of debate around destination management in the UK
- Lead organisation of a programme of monthly webinar events which deliver high quality content and networking opportunities.
- Explore ‘selective and complementary’ joint working opportunities with Visit Britain/Visit England, Local Government Association, National Tourist Boards and likeminded partner organisations
- Ensure events are profile-raising opportunities, and recruitment facilitators for TMI
Head of Sustainability
The Head of Sustainability will:
- Champion Sustainable Tourism
- Advise the executive on matters relating to sustainability
- Continually research best practice
- Disseminate relevant information to members through an annual communications plan
- Provide relevant content for TM Eye’ bulletins and the website
- Continually review the practices of the Institute
- Network with relevant organisation and agencies in order to promote sustainable tourism as a key pillar of TMI’s activity
Please see the attached documents for further information about the TMI, the roles involved, the commitment required, and an application form.